Friday, February 22, 2013

The Playbook of Life


Many people have asked me to blog my experiences from China so over the next few weeks I will be doing just that! Dale Kinley Kay has been in our family now for one year. What an adventure. I have spent many hours in the last few months reflecting on all God has taught me. Wouldn't our lives be simpler with a playbook?

If only I knew all God would have in store for me throughout this year.  If only I could see myself through his eyes. Since we can't live our lives in the "If Only" field of dreams, the thing we need to really wrap our hearts around and embrace is this simple fact:  We really can count on the Lord. We cannot count on our circumstances, we cannot count on perfect lives, we cannot count on our health, we cannot count on having a clean house (glory - thank you Lord), we cannot count on our friends to always realize what we need, we cannot count on anyone or anything...except HIM. I'm grateful that HE taught me this lesson about 15 years ago.

However, how quickly I move into the game of life wanting to know HIS next move. Lord...where is my playbook? Of course, HE has given us HIS book and that is our playbook on our lives. This is what I am reflecting on today as I grieve for my friend who lost her husband to a sudden fall, my sisters in Christ who are losing their jobs, their husbands, their health, and sometimes, their joy. Let's embrace His playbook - get into who HE is and WHO he really wants us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.